2019 KTM 50 SX MINI
Never Too Young To Learn: The 50 SX Mini is a real READY TO RACE KTM for the youngest of shedders. It is real motorcycle with high quality components that's child's play to control with a linear power delivery and a beginner-friendly automatic clutch.
- The high performance cylinder sets in conjunction with the pipe and reed intake system the performance standard within the highly competitive 50cc class.
- Engine: The modern, extremely compact, 2-stroke engine sets the benchmark in its class with its very controllable power. Thanks to the 3-shaft concept, the crankshaft is close to the bike's centre of gravity. This not only benefits the handling; it also provides a flow-optimized inflow angle at the intake membrane - a prerequisite for maximum performance.
- Clutch: Developed by KTM, the centrifugal multi-disc automatic clutch provides manageable acceleration and makes riding this motorcycle the easiest thing in the world. It can be adjusted to the specific requirements of the track and the rider in minutes and without any special tools.
- Power reduction kit: For absolute beginners the engine power can be reduced to a moderate 5.5hp using a kit from the PowerParts catalog.
- Automatic transmission: The centrifugally controlled, multi-disc automatic clutch developed by KTM delivers easily controllable acceleration and makes riding the 50 SX the easiest thing in the world. Furthermore, it can still be quickly and easily adjusted to the specific requirements of both track and rider using the "KTM clicker system" - in a matter of seconds and with no special tools required.
- Cooling: Just like the big KTM bikes, the 50 SX is also equipped with water cooling that even cools the crankcase. Generously dimensioned radiators ensure excellent heat dissipation and therefore high reliability, even under extreme loads.
- KTM engineers just love dropping weight year after year. The result: the 2019 KTM SX models are the slimmest, lightest dirt bikes out there.
- Wheels: Just like the big factory bikes, the 50 SX is equipped with ultra-light, black anodized aluminum rims that easily withstand even the biggest of jumps. The 50 SX is equipped with the very latest generation tire from MAXXIS, featuring a profile that guarantees optimum grip on every surface.
- Brakes: Both at the front and rear, state-of-the-art hydraulic disc brakes from FORMULA ensure best possible retardation. The exclusive, self-cleaning Wave brake discs stand for the ultimate in race technology and outstanding safety.
- Suspension: A high quality, upside-down telescopic fork from WP Suspension, featuring 35 mm diameter outer tubes and 100 mm suspension travel, ensures outstanding ride stability. A WP shock absorber connected directly to the swingarm also supplies 147 mm of suspension travel at the rear wheel.
- READY TO RACE ergonomics give you the edge on the track, ride harder for longer.
- Handlebar: The ergonomic Renthal handlebar made from a high-quality aluminum alloy ensures the highest levels of stability and safety. A Renthal crash pad around the centre brace protects the rider from hard knocks.
- The bodywork is derived from the full-size SX models and provides perfect ergonomics, well thought-out contact points for the rider and maximum freedom of movement. In addition, smart design solutions for the new front and rear fenders are prime examples of an intelligent design, which guarantees maximum stability through a well thought-out structure and mounting.
- Decals: The 2019 SX models feature the latest in-mold graphics, matching the factory-look orange frames and new bodywork perfectly. They have a fast and aggressive style that screams READY TO RACE, leaving no doubt as to the bikes' high-performance intentions.
- The latest technology, reduced to the minimum: READY TO RACE
- Design: 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- Displacement: 49 cm³
- Bore: 39.5 mm
- Stroke: 40 mm
- Starter: Kickstarter
- Transmission: Single speed transmission
- Clutch: Centrifugal clutch (adjustable)
- EMS: Seletra 2p D36
- Frame design: Chrome-molybdenum steel central-tube frame
- Front suspension: WP upside-down Ø 35 mm
- Rear suspension: WP monoshock
- Front brake: Disc brake
- Rear brake: Disc brake
- Front brake disc diameter: 160 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 160 mm
- Chain: 1/2 x 3/16"
- Steering head angle: 67.4 °
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 2-stroke
- 49 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 39.5 mm x 40 mm
- Fuel System
- Seletra 2p D36
- Front Suspension
- WP upside-down Ø 35 mm
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Suspension
- WP monoshock
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake
- Single speed transmission
- Final Drive
- Chain: 1/2 x 3/16 in.